R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 06:29 PM
motorcitymatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I asked what the weight distribution was with the rear motor setup.... no reply..

Im curious to how much it shifts the rear after all with the battery in the middle...
My initial measurements (without the top brace but minus the aluminum side braces) show basically no change in F/R weight distribution. I think this is because as you have pointed out the battery sits pretty far forward. And if you look at how much open area there is behind the motor between and beside the trans housings it starts to add up. The trans/motor pod weighs about 290g with my Reedy motor vs 210g for a standard shorty lipo. But a majority of the mass is in the motor and it doesn't get far enough back to make a difference with the battery that far forward I guess.

I also found that because the battery ends up square on top of the center of mass going to a lighter battery doesn't help either. The car gets lighter overall but the weight distribution does not change.

I should have my conversion done Wednesday to take some final measurements. I'm interested to hear what the factory says.