R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Freeski
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Looking for more in-corner steering / 4 hole steering rack

As the title says, I am in search of more in corner steering. My situation is that the initial turn in is good, but once the car is in the middle of the turn, it feels like I have to get off the throttle, wait for the car to rotate and then I can get back on the throttle for exiting the corner.

Basically, the car has a bit of hesitation or "stalling" in the middle of the corner. I have experimented with freeing up the rear end, but after trying different toe settings/track width options, I settled with what I started with prior to experimenting because the car felt the most natural for my driving style.

I am attaching a copy of my setup sheet and I run on medium to medium-high grip indoor clay.http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...2015110154.pdf**I made a mistake on the setup sheet,I am using the stock hubs of 9 degrees. Also run no top decks, but do run the optional graphite stiffeners, x brace, and floating servo mount.

The only change I have made since the setup sheet is to adjust the rear toe to 3 degrees. That helped the car rotate better.

- Would using the front hole on the steering rack give me more in corner steering? (I am currently using the rear hole)
- For those of you that have used the optional 4 hole steering rack (#362573), How did the different hole options affect in corner steering?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.