Thread: CRC F1
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 07:29 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagzternz1
Build Finished

Pro's - Super smooth diff, bearings supplied in kit are excellent, all the alloy is very precise, kit instructions for putting the front wheels on makes these very precise too , no play at all
Cons - Spacers for Front End to lower ride height of front arms need to be modified to work with front wings being installed as previously pointed out by other forum users - tools in the kit are not the best quality, along with some strange sizing for the hex heads - smallest allen keys ive ever had to use on a build ( but i am still a novice ), only accepts mini servo's, lack of any real support from the CRC Team
Tips: Patience required for assembly and pre thread the holes for the tweak screws

Would i buy another one = Will see how it goes in its first race meeting next week, at this stage though i don't think i would, Tamiya is a lot more user friendly, The new Xray's and Tamiyas appear more solid in construction, but if it performs like a demon .... I may say otherwise in the future
You'll want to try battery back and battery forward configurations to see which one suits you better if you're running a shorty. As it's based on one of the best pan cars ever built and has won just about everything it has ever been raced in, I'd say you made a good choice. You should be able to mount a full sized servo Tamiya style with the provided CF plates and red anodized mounts. I used the recommended servo with 1mm washers under it for more clearance. I've also put removed the back screw on part 1547, Page 7 and replaced it with a 12mm screw, 7mm spacer and nyloc nut to create a steering stop. This stops the steering arm from over rotating and popping the ball out the back of the cup in an impact. I set my max epa for the lock, but my dual rate shows I'm nowhere near full throw, so there is no impact to function. I don't lock the set screw that holds the end cap pin in place. I let the rim keep it in place. Just be careful when you take the rear wheel off.

Enjoy!