R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New motors, who's hot and who's not?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 12:56 PM
thecaptain
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Does anybody have dyno results showing an improvement in motor performance in new motors relative to older stuff? Something like set both motors to 45 degrees of timing and wind it out.

It's just a thought of mine how because the stack length and wire gauge is so heavily regulated the internal resistance of the motor is pretty much set, and that's 99% of power produced.
Well I can tell you from the TSR motors. Our original batch of motors (the standard long stacks motor), the best one we got out of that was a 21.3, 21.2, 21.4 motor. (in terms of internal resistance). The original batch of short stacks were the same, except we had more motors in this range. The newest batch of short stacks we are seeing motors, with numbers in the 20.5 average range. With the phases all being 20.5, many many of the motors are between 20.5-20.7 resistance. With very few being close to 21 resistance. So the internal resistance is dropping (for the TSR) motors. As I can only reference them. However, I know we have done lots of testing with other companies stuff. These are all very controlled tests, with the motors being in a room of a specific temp for over a day, to normalize them. We tested them on a dyno, and on a motolyser. As well as tested the rotors, sensor boards, and stators. We found that the TSR stators, had a lower resistance (on average), as well as better asymmetry, and deviation on the motolyser. We pride ourselves in the quality, and the quality control of our products. So to summarize, with the revised version of our newest SS stators we have a lower IR than with any previous motors. (these are all roar legal motors we have tested, so no outlaw, or illegal motors were tested)