R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D815 Tessmann Worlds Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 01:36 AM
TrickyMick
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRUGGYRACER1
I have 2 issues with the new buggy, one is it just me out does the throttle servo get really hot being so close to the engine?
Funny you should mention that, I had 3 Savox Servos fail in the past 2 weekends, all on the Throttle. Yes the first servo was OLD, had to be at least 2 years old, the second was close to the same age (both 1267), but after putting a brand new 2274 in this weekend and it also failed after a 10 minute run, I was wondering why?

I was able to get a new Orion Servo at the track to keep me going for the weekend, being my State Titles and a 3 day meet (Thanks ABT Hobbies), but before I went back out for another run I thought I'd just check a few things first.

So, Why did my Servos Fail?

It wasnt from the Heat from the Engine.

It was from my POOR brake setup.

I had been thinking with my D815 with the new brakes that they were wearing due to my driving style. So I had been just increasing the EPA point on my brakes. Due to my hard braking into a corner, the end collars had been slipping and I hadnt notice. DOH!!!

I have run the V2 tray in my D812 and my D8T TE and had no issues and expect no further issues now.