R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB C03 1/10th scale 200mm chassis
Old 07-15-2015, 02:56 PM
jjmudd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I realize that this is the C03 thread but I just wanted to stop in and say hi, and let you know about the C02 cars that I bought from a couple of fellows here. I know I am a day late and a dollar short, running the C02 but I haven't raced in about 9 years and thought buying used and slowly getting going again would be a good idea, as often used cars come with a ton of stuff....and these did. That being said, I put receivers in two of the cars the day before racing, set the end points on the radio, checked the basic tune of the engines, as they came on the cars and headed out to the track. My son (14) who just started racing this winter, was crazy fast, but a little wild and had a couple of spectacular crashes. I TQ'ed and won all but the first heat. On the second outing with the car, (my son didn't come, as he had other stuff going on) I TQ'ed and won again...a lap up on the entire field!

I can't imagine the C03 being any better! I really hope to get down to the U.S. for a race or two in the next year, so I can meet some of you folks and try and glean some real speed secrets from you all! What would be a well attended race that caters to fast guys and recreational racers too. I would class myself as a fast recreational racer.