R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nimble Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 01:44 PM
gee-dub
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default my .02

nimble - read your posts on the spektrum thread, sounds like it has great potential (i think said 4x faster response, less potential for failure, etc). hope it makes it to production.

as for the antenna, anyone who doesn't think a 10" plastic whip floating around on a 3lb vehicle at speed doesn't have a noticeable impact should pinch the antenna tube at one and between their fingers and start rotating their hand around. you have to remember the weight of the antenna is leveraged by the fact it is only being held at one end. as for wind resistance, if it didn't matter, then oval guys would not be running them inside their shells on small-medium sized tracks.

lastly, as for the radio. i'll admit it, i'm shallow. i like bling. i want a cray computer with 320x168 lcd screen in my hands while i'm driving. if it's got a speaker that can play mp3's and tell me my lap times while i'm at it, even better. 'pretty' is important to me, i want a radio that looks like "i spent more money on this controller than some third world nations GDP", not one that says "made by my 2nd grade nephew" (not that yours looks like that, just making a reference).