R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXL2-E
Thread: Losi XXL2-E
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 12:58 PM
ChrisHiga
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Overdriven
It is about time. I'm a little disappointed the battery is still out back but at least it's not on top of the motor like the old Losi conversion. I was hoping they would've made it like other LST electric conversions with the battery up front and motor out back or a layout like the Rival's. I would've liked to swap an electric specific chassis onto my truck (to get rid of all the unnecessary holes) but I'll wait until I see some handling reviews posted first. It'll be interesting to see if other motor mounts like TDR's fit up front for those wanting to put big motors like the 1717 in there.

A quick look at the parts listing shows 24/66 gearing. It's unclear what bevel gears are used in the trans as the listing just says "LST/2, XXL/2" with no tooth count given. I'd assume they're LST2 or XXL otherwise top speed would be too high for the 2200kv motor or 6s.
They are providing two pinion gears with the kit. The 24/66 gearing if for 4s use. There is also a 20 tooth pinion gear included for 6s operation