R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Jah2000
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Honestly, if you calculate all the parts+your labor+the agony of waiting for parts to come, it might have been better off that you just bought any of the chassis listed above.
I bought the 414M for $180... to convert it for Drift: WA axles ($25), WA steering-set ($30), pulley ($10), belt ($5), drift wheels/tires ($30) = $280

...and that'll be on a full carbon, aluminum and high-quality Tamiya chassis (No Eagle or Sakura stuff). Nicely balanced with center mounted motor and battery.

Idk about you...but <$300 for a Tamiya TRF chassis that's drift capable, sounds a LOT cheaper than those $500 chassis kits you've listed.

You also forgot..those chassis you've listed aren't really modded much and people STILL need to buy the parts I've listed. The chassis you listed are basically front bias layout and balanced for drift (and not much else). They still don't have WA front axles, WA steering, CS ratio overdrive, etc. If you search or read threads/blogs, people with those drift kits Still end up modifying for more WA.

So my current 414M car, and also my plan for mild (and reversible) drift mods, is cheaper and at the same time high quality.