R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Orca RX3 motor
Thread: Orca RX3 motor
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 02:20 PM
andrewd
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I got my RX3 17.5 motor at this years IIC, it smelled like it was burning its guts out because the resin applied to the windings to keep cheaters at bay was not completely cured, but it wasn't hurting itself.

For timing, my motor checker showed that the motor wants to run at only about 35 degrees of total timing and any past that makes it go a little nuts in its amp draw with a big loss of torque and efficiency for very little gain in RPM. The 35 degree mark was right between the last and second to last hash marks on the endbell. I wish I had that motor checker at the IIC, because after turning the timing down and gearing at about 3.85 instead of higher timing and 3.93 the car picked up some noticeable punch in the infield.

hi this is exactly what i am looking for as this is the motor i have. regarding the timing from the zero point is it plus or minus 35 degrees of timing. on my local tracks i get told to run at 3.2 gearing but don't seem to have the speed as the other so the 3.8 is something to try