R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
This will probably confuse everyone so let's see who can figure out why this is the case. Running the LRC block will give you less antisquat than the HRC block will, even with the same amount of rear kick. Remember, changing only one thing rarely affects only one thing.
Before assuming... Let me clarify..... I am not just changing the rear block..
Cause if you change just the rear block, then you are increasing antisquat by a lot.

Let's say using HRC that you were running the stock 1.5 antisquat, then when using the LRC -2mm you should be using the 0/3 rear front sus holder. But I think when using the 0/3 actually give you around 1.8 antisquat in LRC mode.

If you left the 1.5 block and went to LRC in the rear, then you have in affect close to 3 degrees, which changes another parameter..

Using the Exotek blocks rear front sus holder, you can shim the front up or down with 0.5mm, 1mm and 1.5mm spacers to correspond with using either the HRC or LRC blocks.

Alternatively you can use the TD adjustable rear front sus holders which uses inserts, however the settings on these are a little different than the stock antisquat configurations.

All I was just trying to point out without getting all technical is when using the LRC with the HRC bulkhead, don't use any shims on the inner camber link on the HRC bulkhead. If you are using the HRC, the you should start with 2mm shim on the inner link.

When switching from HRC to LRC, you can't lower the inner ball link lower than the height of the ball link mount on the gearbox unless you grind it down. What the new bulkhead does is lowers the inner ball link by
about 2mm, then in a sense providing a similar roll like that of the HRC setting. But there are a few differences. First of all the flex point is on the chassis and not the gear box, thus allowing the rear part of the transmission to flex more.
Secondly, the original HRC or plastic mount places the original chassis lower in relation to arm, while the LRC or -2mm raises the chassis higher, closer to the arm. This also affects CG and roll. But I am sure Fred can explain this more.