R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 07:57 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nexus
A few 415 questions for a possible owner...

- with not being countersunk...top decks, towers, ect.....are people experiencing any major tweak problems with the car?
Not had any problems with mine regards to tweaking (bar the bent chassis after a big hit ), I just make sure i regularly unscrew all the relevant bolts, put the chassis on a flat surface, and re-tighten.

- the new TRF page on tamiya's site is awesome.....any news on a tamiya front diff yet...if not how much does it cost to build up that yokomo/tamiya parts diff?
I can't rember exactly who it is, but some one on here has a list of the parts required for the yokomo front diff, I think it's forty-six, but i could be wrong.
However, I don't think it costs that much, as the main parts required are the outdrives, along with diff screw and thrust race.

- not wanting to spend hundreds...but what spares do people generally stock for this car.
I personally keep a few sets of wishbones, a few c-hub's and kunckle arms, and rear hubs.

However as I have both the std suspension and the LWT suspension, I have spares for both. With the Lightweight suspension (ie that on the MS) deffiently stock up on 950 size bearings, and lower kingpin flange tubes... I seem to be forever losing the lower kingpins out from the car (well maybe a little exageration, but it's still to often for my liking). If anyone has any tips on how to solve this, it'd be appreciated.

- what swaybars, pivot blocks, chubs come with the 415 kit.
Depends on what chassis. I can't comment on the MS, as I brought the std kit car. However that came with
Red, Yellow, Blue front and rear sway bars.
two D-blocks, one D-front bridge, 1 C-, B-, A- and X-block.
Chub wise, it is the standard tmaiya 4deg ones.

HiH
Ed