R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 06:07 AM
vafactor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flygio
Hi Crc'ers!
I have a little problem with my xti-wc... the center shock pops off if hitting the barriers.... The car is pretty new, still the plastic cup has some play on the ball...
I have seen the Team Prime shock, and my question is: is it possible to fit in my xti? I mean, the alloy balls are the same or do I have to switch to others? Do the crc springs fit the shock?
on the cap end of the shock, I prefer the plastic piece that has a hole in it rather than the one that looks more like an enclosed ballcup. I have the cap end of my shock towards the front of the car and I'm using a coated ballstud that installs with an allen wrench.....which can be accessed via the hole in the plastic shock cap. That combo works great and the plastic cap never gets loose on the ballstud because I don't ever need to unsnap it. Rather I just unscrew the ballstud on the rare occasions when I want to re-oil or service the shock. For the shaft end, CRC now offers a little aluminum adapter that threads onto the shock shaft and increases its thread size to 4-40. That newish adapter allows you to use most any type of plastic ballcup of your choosing. I use a dubro ball end on mine with a longish 4-40 button head screw that remains in the upper pod plate (in lieu of a ballstud there) so that it's super easy to remove one 4-40 nut to accommodate quick and easy battery changes. This combo does increase the overall length of the shock, so the shock mount needs to move foward one hole in the main chassis, but I consider that too as a benefit.