R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 11:48 PM
wstuart
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
I run at mainly indoor damp clay tracks, how does the YZ-2 compare to the B5M in these situations? Sold my B5M and am looking for a new ride this fall. Going to be running a mild mod motor, maybe 10.5 or 9.5t. Right now possible candidates are RB6, YZ-2, B5M lite, or 22 2.0. Thanks!
YZ2 kills the b5m on corner speed and any section of the track that requires weight transition, like a chicane. It suffers though on landing jumps - doesn't settle as fast as a b5m, and doesn't have as much forward bite on clay. If/when the indoor clay track I race is loose my cars are next to useless. If there is high bite - my cars are next to unbeatable.... If I can drive it..

That being said the car I think is a little harder to drive - I feel like the car is much faster than I can drive it. Sometimes I have trouble mentally keeping up with how quickly it responds. To me this is a much better feeling than thinking that I am pushing a car past its limits and over driving it - which is how I've usually felt in 1/10 off-road.

Last edited by wstuart; 07-02-2015 at 08:50 AM.