R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ETS Round 6, Hudy Arena, Slovakia
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 02:12 AM
Salkin
Tech Fanatic

With two open 50 min. free practice sessions (were we only ran 2 times), 1 practice run, 1 qualifying and 2 finals cancelled, and due to some technical problems leaving only 2 min. of run time in 2 heats, my son had a combined 28 min. of effective driving time !!!!

Not optimal conditions for a relatively inexperienced racer to learn the track and be just a little competitive.

Qualified 77 (which was not bad considering the conditions) but ended up 85 due to a bad final run. With so few runs you need to be absolutely free of problems and be on par with the track in no time. Otherwise you end up way down in the standings.

Another bad side effect of so few runs were the mix of some very fast racers ending up in lower heats. In my sons heat there were a very fast guy who was 1 lap faster than everyone else.

My son started 1 in his final, but with a "misplaced" fast racer, you have no hope of winning your heat.

We left the Hudy Arena with a lot of good experiences and lessons learned, but looking strictly at driving time, it was poor.....sadly!