R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Arushmen
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cdelong
You guys all need to buy the XXX Main setup book. Next to a temp gun, it's the best R/C investment you will make- probably better!

It goes like this- normally the RC (roll center) is below the CG (center of gravity). How much roll (traction) you get depends on the distance between the two. The farther away the RC is from the CG the more roll and more traction you will get. If the RC is very close to the CG- your car will roll very little- just as you would expect to need on high traction set-ups with the A- blocks.

Now having said all this, I'm wondering what the 4mm, 5mm and 6mm numbers means next to the A, B and C block's on the setup sheet.

Could someone measure the distance between the centerline of the holes in the A block and the top of the chassis? I'm curious. I would measure, but I'm waiting for my stuff to be shipped back from FL. If the A block holes are 4mm above the chassis I'm really going to be confused, because that means the others are 5mm and 6mm above the chassis and "should" have less roll cause the RC would be lower in relation to the CG.
Now
How is possible that "c" is better for low traction conditions?

For me:
With "A" we are lowering the rear roll center = More roll and more traction

With "C" we are raising the rear roll center = less roll and less traction