R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CGRC Indoor Dirt Offroad Raceway (Cottage Grove Oregon)
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 AM
jw_rooster
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We will be racing tonight at 7pm. As far as the program and track are concerned, there is a lot more going on here behind the scenes than can be explained on this forum. I appreciate everyone's input and thoughts on the matter of the track and schedule. Racing has to stay on Friday nights at this time, as you know we are a dual purpose business here and this time of year the motorcycle side is much busier than the RC side. Saturday is one of the busiest days for business this time of year and I have to be available to work the sales floor, which makes running a race program impossible. During the fall and winter season, RC picks up and motorcycles slow down which makes it logical to run the Wed and Sat race program. As far as the track itself is concerned, I am open to any ideas and help to do what the racers would like to see. We went to a low bite loose track last summer and it was pretty successful, as a lot of guys go up north to race outdoor during the summer and having a local place to test and tune for similar conditions is nice. This summer has been up and down...it started out very strong and has slowed down some. I see the industry changing all the time and with this year's worlds being on a turf track it becomes more apparent what direction it is going. I personally love racing on dirt, I am from the old school, but the current trend of super high bite clay tracks is starting to go towards carpet and turf because it makes more economic sense. It is more consistent than dirt will ever be and that is what guys are looking for...consistency and speed. I know how much money and work goes into maintaining an indoor clay track. It is hard enough to be successful in this business, especially in a low population area. I don't know what the solution is, but I am doing the best I can. I hope to see some racers showing up to race and not just talking...that's the first step to any kind of change or solution.