R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - setting up clutch
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 09:25 PM
illmatic94
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
the nt1 manual is finicky about the cone not extending out beyond the flywheel, I guess there is not clearance on a 1/10 nut compared to 1/8 equivalent. so to get a good non-slip grip on the cone you will need a narrow cone, which xray provide as an option.

as for the lack of clutch gap, I think the issue is how far the cone is sticking out behind the flywheel.

assuming the cone is contacting the front bearing, how much gap do you have between the flywheel and engine bearing? this is usually 1mm or so, if it is 4 or 5 mm's then you really want a different cone, or you will need to add small shims to space the thrust bearing out from the engine.
Wait wait, add shims where? And the come sits about 1 mm out the back of the fly wheel. My big issue is that I use a few small spacers behind the main large Bering inside the clutch bell housing so that the whole thing is fully locked and engaged when I tighten the top but. If I have no shims at all ... Then there is no point to a clutch. This worked for quite some time but now, once the engine warns up the clurch is always locked. Although this may be because the clutches are fucked the im issue was present before the clutches got fucked up. Never had this problem on my other engine . I simply took the whole set up shims where they were and put it on the os .18 and there was an issue