R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 AM
primusblowsgoat
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Problem consisted of the car entering the turn well, but as it transisitions to the last third of the turn, it develops an substantial increase in oversteer, to the point that it snaps around. This occurs about the time you would begin to ease-off the steering to square the car up for the straight
I was having that same problem last week, i too dont have any oil on the damper disks, running purple fronts pink rears, thick tbar, green spring(eveyone else runs a blue spring).

the problem sort of corrects itself at about the 5min mark, either cause the battery is losing power or the tires are getting warm and sticking, i at first also thought my diff maybe too loose but the diff felt perfect and i didnt think tightening it would do anything but harm it.

the problem was completely corrected when i put a new set of rear tires on the car, it seems my old ones were dirty, not like dusty or covered in dirt, but had a build up of traction compound, i didnt know i was supposed to clean them with motor spray or anything.