R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Lite
Thread: GT8 Lite
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 06:14 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

I'm reading a lot about the tires you all are using and have a suggestion if you can convert over to using 1/8th scale tires. I tried using my Tekno SCT410 truck, which is basically an 1/8th scale buggy in truck clothing. I had already switched out the hubs to run the 1/8th scale tires before I started to run it on road. I eventually bought a used OFNA RTR chassis, not because of any big issues with the truck, but mainly because I was too lazy to fabricate a front bumper to keep the body from dragging. But I digress. If you can get those 17mm 1/8scale hubs, get some GRP tires. They come in either slicks or treaded versions. Trust me these are awesome tires! I switched from Sweeps to GRPs and went from a so so car to a TQ and A main winning car in the same day - no other changes and actually out qualified all but one of the 1/8th scale nitro GT cars that day with my electric GT car. After the race I took the tires off and balanced them; only one tire needed any weight to bring it into balance and it required only a very minimal amount of clay to bring it into balance. A very small sample size I know, but I'm impressed.

PS I'm just an old fart who loves racing and I have no association with GRP (or anyone else) - I just like these tires!

Last edited by John Wallace2; 06-21-2015 at 06:41 PM.