R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin
As I understand it, the first version of the Hudy ECS had 1.5mm pins, which broke, the second version had 2mm pins to remedy this, which where the first ones we tried. In these the ball head at the end of the axle going from the outdrive was a little smaller than the ball head on the short axle (the one the wheel is attached to).

We broke several of these.

The latest version, the extra strong, have axle ball heads that are equally sized, meaning that the ball head at end of the ECS axle going from the outdrive is now physically bigger and more strong.

This modification have made them durable. We have not broken any of the extra strongs.
Yeah, the old 1.5mm pin ECS would often break pins and then usually mangle the ECS in the middle. The v2 ones wouldn't break the pins, but the shaft would shear off at the ball (I shudder to think about the number of those that I sheared off, almost entirely just from hitting the brakes at the end of the straight. $$$$$) The new Extra strong ones have been really solid so far. No complaints.

I've used Arrowmax ECS as well. They aren't bad for the price. Just need to flip the retaining springs around on one side so they don't accidentally pop off from nicking the chub while rotating.

The new extra strong xray ECS seem to be the best so far. Will buy again, no doubt.