R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FASTEST KNOWN NITRO RC CAR?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 03:54 PM
blis
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc4basher
Speed has always been what I am into. It all started when I was about 15 with real cars.

I had my fun going fast with real cars until I started getting back into RC about a year ago after about 6 or 7 yrs. The brushless technology had come such a long way that I was pretty blown away. I couldnt resist but to take advantage of this technology. The speed gives me my "quick fix". I'm a speed junky whether we are talking about real cars or rc cars. But on a real road, not a tether. Haha.

This was never meant to be a debate about nitro vs electric. I started getting flamed when I said something like, " You would think that with 100+ yrs of combustion engine technology that nitro rc cars would be going faster than 100 or 120 mph". I still believe this is a valid statement.

I respect nitro cars and the nitro enthusiasts that everyone in this thread is besides me. But I guess we really are comparing apples to oranges and that we agree to disagree. Sorry to offend anyone.

T4,

I did a rough calculation once, at 100kph or 60mph a nitro 1/10 tourer uses 1/2 its horsepower pushing thru the wind/atmosphere