R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FASTEST KNOWN NITRO RC CAR?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 06:18 PM
tc4basher
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
................. Still not as accurate as a speed trap which is why Guiness does not use Garmin to validate a speed run. You don't even have any videos of those 120mph runs that would partially validate you claimed speed runs. Now if you electric newbees don't mind blowing all your money buying go fast goodies for your electric cars so you can go fast for a few seconds before you lose control of them because they are too fast for you to drive more power to you. Lets just agree to disagree can't compare apples to oranges. Gas and nitro cars have their advantages and so do electric cars.
I could care less if you believe me or not. The setups I am running are very common and many have gone faster with them. I am a good enough driver that I almost never crash. Thats not to say that bad things dont happen sometimes due to blown tires, stripped spurs causing no brakes, 6+ ft high liftoffs..etc. Haha. Here is what I am running:

1. Team associated tc4 with 7700kv 1406 castle motor, Mamba monster 2 esc, 4s, geared 3.0 - 128 mph

2. OFNA GTP2E with 2200kv castle motor, Mamba monster 2 esc, 6s, geared at 3.3 - 120 mph

3. Kyosho Inferno gt2 ve with 1600kv Leopard motor, Castle XL2 esc, 8s, geared at 4.1 - 120 mph

Very common and simple setups. Anyone with knowledge of brushless should know these speeds are very possible. They are actually quite commonplace if you go on youtube.

Last edited by tc4basher; 06-17-2015 at 06:46 PM.