R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FASTEST KNOWN NITRO RC CAR?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 06:28 AM
1/8 IC Fan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4basher
It comes down to this. Slow rc race cars have nitro engines.....batteries are for flashlights and the fastest rc cars.
Taking from this would be that you are entitled to your opinion. And no one is here to sway you otherwise. But the coin has two sides...

...I would gladly like to see you take your brushless car and take it to a race and run against a Nitro car, and make the full main. Be it 200mm IC, 1:8 IC 4WD or 1:8 GT. Even a Brushless 1:5 against a Gas 1:5. You may have your initial speed, but not the run time, or the thrill. Plus many of us may not like to race "easy" cars, and prefer the challenge of actually influencing the cars handling and tune.

I would also venture to guess that if you were to compare the lap times of actual alike (R/C) race cars between the propulsion types Nitro & Electric (of similar output) they are probably pretty similar for a given track. I would also state that the same limitations on Nitro cars i.e. mechanical grip, flex and weight bias are what keeps the the laps times so close regardless of Power Output. Sure you can put a 550 Brushless in a 1/10 TC and it would be fast, but just upsets the chassis balance and it would also handle like a Smart Car with a V8 - like crap.

Apples to Oranges - being the fastest means nothing if you can not control it, and not just in a straight line.

Oh well. I spoke my 10 cents and bow out of this age old and pointless argument.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 06-17-2015 at 07:13 AM.