R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 PM
mike ivy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Christian,Not that I'm a chassis expert cause Touring car always been my nemisis Lol.. Would making a chassis with a different weight bias ( more weight to the rear ) make the T4 steer?

QUOTE=CristianTabush;14054378]From my experience on high bite carpet, it took steering away. I tried it on both my T4 and Spec R R2 and the results were the same. On asphalt, I can see it aiding in a little more bite if the conditions are low to medium bite, but the increased flex at the front took away steering on high bite surfaces in every test I ran. It almost has a mirror effect of running a steering brace vs not running one. The steering brace will give more cut and increase response going into the corner which will make the steering response quicker. The floating steering mount did the opposite.

I can see this being a valuable tool in track conditions when you might be traction rolling. Or perhaps outdoors where you are trying to adjust your flex bias. However, I went back to the std configuration on both cars after I could not figure out how to make the car steer enough at our track.[/QUOTE]