R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 06-15-2015, 02:24 AM
WagwanBumba
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feyd Rautha
Hey folks, I got back into the hobby after a 15 year layoff in 2014 and bought a RC8.2e. I'm thinking about switching to the B5. I hope someone could answer some questions for me.

1) It seems like I go through a lot of tires in my 1/8. Would the B5 be cheaper to maintain in the tire department?

2) It seems like my differentials are always leaking and such. I imagine the B5 is easier to tune and maintain than a 1/8 AWD?

Thanks.
1 - from personal experience it depends. I take my 1/10s more seriously thank my 1/8s so I go through 1/10th tyres a lot more quickly. Have gone through a pair of green DDs on a 2wd buggy in a day's practice but fronts do last an age!

2 - Ball diff as standard - no leaking fluid and if built and setup properly, ball diffs will last a long time. I would pick up tungsten carbide balls and ceramic thrust bearing off the bat. Maintenance yes 2wd much easier but I find setup is much more critical in 2wd vs 4wd because of the fact you're only getting power through the one end of the car and it'll have a large say in how much forward bite and turning your car will have. Great way to learn about the dynamics of a car I think