R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Removing Polycarb paint
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 09:36 AM
LadiesFirst
Tech Fanatic

Default Removing paint, not just "graphics"??

I drive a Losi XXXT-CR, actually I have many Losis, several I have purchased and others I've just been given. The racers around here know I love the XXX platform so when they can't get rid of their old Losis, I'm the first one they think of. I did get a couple of JConcepts bodies. When I painted one, the paint didn't stick very well and would "fall off" when crashing. I think I got the paint on too thick this time. It was an experimental paint job anyway and I don't like it. I made the mistake of touching it up as the paint fell off, but have decided I just want to remove the paint. The body thick and very durable so I'd like to save it. Years ago there was a product that would remove paint from the bodies, although several years later it would turn brittle. That product was discontinued years ago too. I have been reading about several things to remove GRAPHICS saying you can use anything from denatured alcohol to brake fluid or nonacetone nail polish remover. Would any of this work on removing the Pactra Paint (not Graphics)?