R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Triple Nickel Raceway
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 05:45 PM
ClayMoreJosh
Tech Adept

Wink

Originally Posted by sideshow
We are planning to have a few races a year, maybe every 6 weeks, besides special events. The "club" consists of only a few people. We have purchased a timing system and our own PA. All track work is done by myself and no one is authorized to do any track work on their own. Anyone is welcome to practice there anytime they like, but please leave your shovels at home. I will be at the track the week of the race all week long getting it ready if anyone would like to help. There will be a layout change in the near future but I would expect it to be very similar to what we have now. Triple Nickel is dedicated to 1/8 scale racing so our tracks will be geared toward 1/8th scale....with larger jumps and rougher terrain. We are not interested in entertaining 10th scale racing nor will we be building any "10th scale friendly" layouts although 10th scale is welcome to come and run on the track if they like. If it is too aggressive for anyone I would suggest trying FZRC, SS, Beachline, OCRC, Daytona, Shiverville, Coral Springs, B&B, Lake Park or Deans which are geared more toward 10th scale. We will also be closing in the announcers booth soon as well as adding some more RV outlets and hopefully some more lighting. Hope that answers all your questions.
What's funny is, the guy that asked, runs 1/8 scale... does not seem like he's too keen on doing so now... But that wasn't even a part of the original question.

Not sure what the 1/10 scale rant was all about.

I'll pass thanks....