R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MTS 1/10 Electric FF Pro
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:11 AM
patorz31
Tech Master

Well last night was the first official race for the FF Pro. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I ran it in 17.5 TC Stock trim, with the largest gearing I had. I didn't have a 72t 48p spur that fit, it uses the same 3 hole pattern that the Xray uses and my LHS only carries Robinson Racing gears. I had a 78t one that fit so that is what I ran for the first night. I fit a 37t pinion and got to 4:1 for a FDR. The regular TC Stock guys run down to 3.5:1. So first off, the car pulls out the the corners very hard for a fwd, way harder then I thought it would. it was 3/10s off the 4wds if they got a completely clean lap, 1/10ths to 2/10ths most laps.
I am actually thinking that is gearing as the could pull me on the end of the 130ft straight. I thought with the 70/30 weight bias it would be very loose in the back, it wasn't. It was stuck like glue, it actually worked better then my 4wd TC. Had to dial back the brakes a fair bit. If you hit the brakes really hard it gets a very bad push, like a real FWD. Gentle braking, slowit in and punch it around and it would turn inside 4wd. I am really impressed.

Had one issue though, guy spun right in front of me and I t-boned him at full song. The fan on the fan mount was completely destroyed. So I may have to come up with a new fan mount and some ducting. All in all I was very impressed, I can't wait for indoor season to run this in Scale spec.