R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Trekathlete
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Zhangesh
I think for $174 that's a lot of car for the money... But if you're planning to stick around the RC scene then you should get a BLACK 15 JMRCA edition (comes with DCJ, floating servo mount, TI turnbuckles). Because in the future, you WILL be buying a brand new comp spec bd7/or upgrading your RS to comp spec and it will cost you even more.

I think if you're just trying racing out atm and not sure if it's something you'd enjoy, then go for it
Thanks for your thoughts! I have been racing on-road for the past 3 months in a silver can class with a wobbly tt-01. I think it is something I'd like to do for awhile. I'm just not sure of the 500 dollar investment in a car. The fast guys at our track use mi1's and older model cars. I'm not sure if anyone using a top of the line car in the VTA class. As it is I have driven with the VTA guys with a tuned VTA car and I am approximately 4 laps behind them after a five minute main. So all the performance in a car won't help me right now. I really need to become a better driver. Now with all that said I am sure the bd7 black JMRCA version could help me but I wasn't quite prepared to pay for the top of the line car. I've really been gnawing this all over and trying to make a decision soon. I want to be up and running within a week. I have everything but the car at the moment.