R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 06:20 PM
rough512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

First post here,

I've just acquired a TRF414. It came with a lot of spare parts. I noticed it's a lot different compared to the MII.

Am I going to have parts availability problem in the future? Is there a lot of difference in terms of performance compared to the M's?Is it possible to use the TA04 pro CF chassis for the TRF414? Most parts are compatible with the 04's right?

I have the shock towers covered (local LHS sells approx. 6"x6" CF sheets at about US$50 equivalent and a friend has a nice machine shop ) The chassis is different story though because of its size. And of course the rear belt would be a source of concern. Currently the top layer (transparent layer) of my TRF414 chassis looks cracked. The CF chassis with bigger "weaves" (414, 04) seem to be structurally weaker that those with finer "weaves" (TA03F). My 03 went through some nasty crashes and it's still intact. I don't know what caused the crack on the top layer of my second-hand TRF414; the rest of the car seem okay.

By the way, the car was setup with the stiffer spring(silver) in front, softer (black spring) at the rear... Is this usually the setup? Right now I switched the springs hoping to get more on-power steering... I still have to test it yet as I'm currently converting my stick packs to saddle packs...

Comments please...

Hi Dayten,

Glad to see you here

Last edited by rough512; 07-09-2002 at 09:29 PM.