R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 04:37 AM
R Dodge
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Are people using the spec R motor mount with success now?
I tested the Spec R motor mount on medium and high bite carpet and felt like the stock motor mount was better. To my surprise, I felt the stock motor mount gave more forward bite.

I was excited about the Spec R mount when I got it, but quickly became disappointed by the quality. I mounted a brand new RW spur, as well as a brand new Panaracer spur and both wobbled about 1mm on the Spec R pulleys. It was pretty noticeable. I've never seen RW or Panaracer wobble like this before, which led me to believe it was something with the pulley setup. I tried adjusting tightness of the 4 screws to compensate and that helped, but ultimately I ended up with a wobbly spur and gear mesh that I was not entirely confident in. I didn't ever strip a spur, but I also did not ever reuse the spur that I had on that mount when I finished testing it.

Also, I would recommend if you are going to try the Spec R mount, to only use PanaRacer spurs as the RW is too thick. I tried to mount a LeeSpeed spur as well, but the holes did not line up for this mount (4-holes). All gears that I tried were 96T. Maybe a LeeSpeed will work if you use 114 or something for Modified. I never tested the motor mount in Mod or 13.5.