R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 10:49 AM
hendershot706
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I don't think having all four is a needed expense personally unless something has changed on this vehicle versus the V1.

Tekno in general is trying to balance cost relative to what they can offer you in a package. It appears they added a lot of goodies to the vehicle, you will need to determine what you feel that is not there is a must have.

Personally, just start with the front hinge pin brace instead of all 4. Servo horn as well.

You can also use a cheaper horn assuming the steering assembly is the same on the new car. I did that with the V1s, just raised up the position of the access point on the steering arm then flipped the button head screw to come up from the bottom of the servo horn to clear it. Never had and issue and got the angles right too.
i went ahead and bought all 4 tekno hinge pin braces and the tekno servo arm. Worthwhile investment IMO, for durability.

I am still hoping they will release some upgraded shock towers.

I am impressed with the full option shock kits and will probably pick those up as well. The stock plastic spring retainer nuts always spin on my trucks and i always upgraded to the alum ones to prevent that.

Anyone recommend stocking up on the 5mm axle nuts? Curious how they last?