R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - St. Louis Dirt Burners
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 03:42 PM
keidel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
I'm not sure of the condition of the track at the moment, but I'd be willing to do anything possible to get a night race in on Tuesday or at least be able to practice this week. If anybody has a pump and would let me borrow it, I'll do my best to get the track dry as well as smooth the surface out a little and fix the jumps a little. Just let me know!

I know a lot of you guys have almost zero time between jobs, family, etc. Especially since this is a volunteer ran track, It's amazing in my mind that we have what we do. Since I will not be working until early June, I'd like to use my time to make our local track the best it can be. When people are selling their stuff because of the track conditions and how the races are ran, something needs to be changed. Let's all help make DB as well attended (or more) as it has been in the past!
Carter your help would be welcomed you are right most work full time and have family's and like me work a second job but we still find time to help out. You don't really need a pump to get water off track a broom works just fine. I just spent 2 hours down there draining the wettest spot before triple. As you walk out of the wet spot drag the broom and you fix the foot prints on your way out. It really just takes a lot of time to,get track ready and help,is always nice. Just Fyi if someone else works on the track it could be ready to,race by Tuesday however if nobody goes down there or it rains a lot more it might not be. Someone tried to dig a ditch at the end of the straight to drain that spot and made more of a mess then help so whoever did that we do not need that kinda help. Thanks for the help maybe you can round up some help and get the track in good shape.