R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 09:27 AM
diskostew
Tech Adept

Default Re: front right shock preload question

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
hi guys, i hve tried it and it really works, but i would like to knw how much is too much? will too much preload make the car feel funky when it makes right hand turns? the car is great on stock and 19 but i run mod, and that's where i encounter slight problems. thanks
This is what I was told. You can do it two ways. 1rst way is on a tweak station. On the MIP style set your car so there is NO tweak at all. Then crank on the front right shock until the bubble barely touches the line on the level and you’re done. On the laser tweak board you adjust the shock until there is 1 degree of difference.

The second way is to measure your front shocks with a set of calipers and then crank on your front right shock a couple of turns and re measure. I forgot the exact measurement off the top of my head. I can measure my shocks when I get home and let you guys know.

From what the factory driver told me is the car is well balanced now so your really don't have the torque steer when you gun it but the rotation of the shaft will make the car want to dive too hard on the right shock. So you preload it to compensate for that problem.

Once you keep the rear wheels on the ground the car is REALLY HOOKED UP!!!!

Jay