R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Nissanguy8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I don't think having all four is a needed expense personally unless something has changed on this vehicle versus the V1.

Tekno in general is trying to balance cost relative to what they can offer you in a package. It appears they added a lot of goodies to the vehicle, you will need to determine what you feel that is not there is a must have.

Personally, just start with the front hingepin brace instead of all 4. Servo horn as well.

You can also use a cheaper horn assuming the steering assembly is the same on the new car. I did that with the V1s, just raised up the position of the access point on the steering arm then flipped the button head screw to come up from the bottom of the servo horn to clear it. Never had and issue and got the angles right too.
yea I think I will just build it stock, I am not a basher and just practice at the local indoor clay track, so I don't anticipate a lot of breakage. I was just wondering if there were some sure parts to replace because they might be a weak spot but it appears the truck is still pretty new to tell and the 1st generation was damn tough, I was actually thinking of buying a used 1st gen 410 to use as in outdoor track truck.

Are there any interchangeable parts between the 410 and the .3? Diffs? arms? driveshafts?