R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:36 PM
robbie_gtc
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
You won't be able to walk in and get parts, eliminate that thought from your head ASAP.

What you are going to have to do is buy commonly broken parts ahead of time in case you have an issue. So to date I have broken 1 front shock shaft and one shock eyelet. I keep multiple spares in my pit bag (sorry fellas, I stalk to net for this stuff).

Off the bat I would say you should track down the following:

1. Front Shock Shafts
2. Front Shock Tower
3. Front Shock Tower Mount
4. Front A-Arms

If you want a car that you can walk in and buy parts for, get a B44.3. Keep in mind you will be walking in and buying parts frequently with that car.
Uhm, I wouldn't totally agree....other then the alum shock caps you can usually find most parts in a half decently stocked hobby shop. If the shop waits till they 0 of an item to restock then that is poor inventory management on their part. There were a couple pieces here and there on b/o but all manufacturers were feeling the same blow at the height of the port workers strike.

You should have a spare shock shaft or two. You will also need the plastic shock parts Kit.

The tower is not a necessity. Haven't seen one break personally yet, and we have lots of d413's around here taking some nasty spills. But it is handy to have in case.

You will want the hinge pin mounting screws as they can tend to bend. The arms are fine.

A spare spur gear is a good idea too. Only because many coming to the d413 haven't had experience with the type of motor mount setup amd have had issues setting gear mesh stripping the spur.

Other then those couple things the buggy is tough.

Having had a b44.3 it had a weak spot in the front arms but other then that which is corrected by rpm arms. its just as durable as the d413 is. I prefer the way my HB drives over my 44.3 tho. just my opinion