R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WTF (Wild Turbo Fan) - OEM?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 08:16 AM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
That's just it, there is no production line. It's a room full of men and women working for peanuts slapping these things together by hand. Just walk up to the ten on the end, hand them a spool of wire and give some new instructions.
Have you actually seen that? I highly doubt there is no production line, lol. Even if it is 50 Chinese children building these things, there is still a production line. All, and I mean ALL manufacturers whether American, Chinese, or Polish have a production line of some sort. And it would still take away from bigger accounts than a RC fan. You could sell 2 to everyone who owns a TC and it still wouldn't be enough to manufacture a RC specific fan.
If you owned a fan making company, would you change a few in the production line for a low volume customer? Or would you use that same time and materials to make more for a high volume customer?

The reason I speak of this, is because I worked for a arcade game manufacturer and we discovered it was cheaper for us to design our board carriages to use existing fans than to order special fans for cooling. We wanted to use higher cfm fans, so we could make the case smaller, and use less of them, thus reducing noise. But, it was not cost effective. We ended up using more fans than we wanted, but used low Db fans to lessen the fan noise. Our shop would install over 2000 fans a week in this "production" line of 20 technicians. But hey, that was about 10 years ago, lol.

Last edited by chensleyrc1; 05-13-2015 at 08:28 AM.