R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 09:00 AM
ezlight
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I have rarely ever seen a car make anyone considerably faster. It happened to me once with the RB6, when I was comparing it to the b4 and tlr22. I actually gained 1.5 seconds per lap. Mostly because the rb6 was way easier to wheel around our outdoor track. But in general, it comes down to "feel", part availability, durability and maintenance. I have driven a friends xray xb4. It was ok, nothing magical. Nice car. I personally never bought one because of the cost of ownership. I run 4wd as a fun second class. I prefer 2wd buggy. When I run 4wd buggy, I want a durable car with reasonable parts pricing and ease of maintenance. Parts support of some form is always a requirement. If you are willing to pay xray's prices on parts, then go for it. it is a nice car.
Originally Posted by Motorman007
So you thinking the Kyosho 4wd is better? Thank you for your input sir
Wildcat is spot on. Love my xray, haven't ran it much yet. (it's one of my bad weather cars for indoors when outdoors is rained out) But parts are definitely pricey. My only issue so far was the composite gears for rear diff. I've since bought the metal gears, but have yet to install them.