R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 01:35 PM
DOTMAN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hello guys,

I have a serious noise problem with my 6.2. Everytime I brake into a hairpin after a straight the car make a horrible noise like the belt is sliding over the pulleys. It does it for several months now and I have no clue what causes it. Following a list of the things I tried and/or checked to (unsuccessfully) get rid of the noise:

- belt tension: with increasing the tension to a ridiculous level I could reduce the noise, but won't get rid of it completly. But so the drivetrain is very much unfree and I never needed this strong tension for my TC5, TC6, TC6.1, T4...,
- belts: checked and changed to new ones, no improvement,
- belt pulleys: all checked and changed for new ones, without success...,
- esc: when talking to Martin Hofer about this problem and having him driving and examining my car, he suggested to change the esc. Did it and had no noise change,
- ball bearings: checked and changed to new ones, no success...,
- I check the pinion/spur every run, no wear here.

My car is in a good condition and gets a full service regularly. I check the screws after every run and couldn't find any sign of wear that could be caused by the noise. I am now at a point where I don't know where to continue my search Any help or idea is appreciated!
Are you sure you're running the 6.2 spool and not the slipper spool?