R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FSEARA 2015-2016 new season proposals
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Robertcooper88
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
In short keep it simple
Fseara Rules are based off of Roar If Im not mistaken Fseara has been sanctioned in the past as a Roar series following Roar Rules with tweaks for the USVTA class
The classes should always have an open door policy regarding motors
restricting a motor brand rule for a specific class is not beneficial for the hobby or the series it's only beneficial for the manufacturer
Regarding low turnouts the schedule has to be looked at carefully this year to many races were at the same time as a Forgass series race was held so the series lost a couple of nitro racers not attending
Going to 2 days is not going to help anything in numbers or attendance
If you want to make the series more notable you need to look at bigger events to see what is making it more prestigious like the ETS getting manufacturers to support it & get behind the program will make it a bigger success
Who ever is or will be the president of Fseara I'm here with plenty of ideas & suggestions
Let's be productive and have the same goal aligned for the series if not we're just gonna be another group that is looked at that complains about change & nothing gets done
I agree the schedule needs to be looked at Carefully and I am glad to help with if I can.

Interesting, you say two day events won't make a difference but you make reference to ETS which is highly successful with tons of MFR support AND it is a multi-day event that is well attended. For the most part, the more prestigious races are two or more day events. There aren't a ton of highly attended events that are one day events, FSEARA events shouldn't be either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going back in time, aren't the best days of FSEARA during the times when we had two day events? We have voted for the same thing for at least the last 5 years(the amount of time I have been back into racing R/C) and Attendance has either stayed the same or decreased during that time. We need to change what we have been doing to get a different result. Things do not Magically get better, they have to be made better.

AND....there are only a couple of differences than what we have now and the 2-Day event I am proposing...We spend $1,000's to race these things, take a ton of time preparing to make them as good as possible and some of us are letting a $50-$60 Hotel Room determine if we can go to a race or not. I just don't get it....Waking up at the Ass-crack of ddawn...driving 593 miles round trip, fitting in 3 qualifiers and a main and getting home at midnight cannot be desirable or fun. There ain't no freakin' way!