Old 05-07-2015, 06:54 AM
dlarry
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
for saturdays to be added- here's what we dropped and other problems{
1) hotels expense
2) club actually used to give trophies at each race-
3) for the minregg race on saturdays they race oval and sunday in road course.
* 4) the only day I work is the 3rd saturday of the month- I get all my funds to race.
5) I'm usually the one that drivres the furtherest and I don't care. Race that are south of Valkaria are just to far for me personnely. The last races was 593 miles.
6) come up with a new race weekend (2nd or 4th weekend of the month).
7) almost forgot- we usued to race in the summer. * now we have several indoor tracks bring back summer racing.No more heat in A/C?
* There should not be another series running on Saturday causing added expense for the racers.The club races were to promote the clubs racers with the state racers.This way the club racers were not as scared of attending a state race.Showing them they could compete.
** The economy is still not that great to go back to a two day program for the newer racers.The local clubs/business have to do a better job of promoting the events. The only one I see really promoting anything is Valkaria! Promote the classes we race at you local events.
Classes we run in the past to get racers into the series:
Legends, F1 (you happy Troy). Legends are cheap and anyone can get one a set-it up quickly.Several of our old A main drivers started in this class! F1 - it seems to be the 4th time they tried this class. It's not for me(Troy). I'd rather see 17.5 1/12th. This is the orginal class (1/12th) the series started with.
As a suggestion for the series:
November a carpet race- it would be right before the Turkey race
this way there would be more races in a row for the birds. Or even have an early December race on carpet. Again practice for the birds. In Jan we thave the Minregg race right before the birds.
Bill,

Most of the racers who race on Saturday do race on Sunday.

I have an idea let's make a class for each racer. That way everyone can be a champion!

Lastly we all drive to a race. So you are not the only one who has far to travel.