R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM
thecman26
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc23
kyosho springs kinda "numb" the feeling of the car and make it easier to drive. Less twitchy off center mostly. I believe that on a smooth high bite surface that they are faster 99% of the time. However, they dont quite jump and land as well and don't handle bumps as well... so if you have a bumpy track they may not be the ticket.
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
All I can say is that I bought a fancy spring rate tool and I check all of my springs. AE spring rates jump all over and sometimes you could even end up with [for example] greens that are stiffer than whites. Kyosho springs are perfect. They always match, they seem to last forever.....the quality is very high. They clearly use better materials and adhere to much tighter tolerances. Its not uncommon for drivers of other manufactures to use Kyosho springs in both off & on road applications. I run them on some of my Associated buggies as well.
Originally Posted by VegasHB
What's do the Kyosho Xgold springs bring to the table? More progressive? Never understood the hype but must be something to it.
+1 to all that!
The XGS springs make the truck feel so light and nimble! It jumps amazing and handles better all around!