R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 11:29 AM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Unfortunate that nobody has put in their 2 cents so far, so let me at least give you my point of view.

Last couple of weeks we have had a couple of break throughs with the car that I think have made our stock set up even better and the car pick up as much as 0.15 seconds per lap on average over a run on a track that has slightly less bite. All these gains came from playing around with different length links and different, more forward shock position. When testing, I thought to myself, "this is really cool, the car is so versatile, I did all these changes on the car on adjustments that most cars don't have out there even as optional parts."

One of the guys testing with me said he was impressed with how the car had completely tranformed itself in handling characteristic from one end of the spectrum to the next. He actually said it felt like a different car altogether.

The floating steering provides the car with gobs of steering. Comparing traditionally mounted servos on some prototype configurations never provided as much steering as the floating mount. This was made even more evident on our upcoming World GT car. I personally run this car with 15-20% less d/r than with other cars. To me less d/r= more cornerspeed, which is a big plus.
Thanks Cristian, I love how this car looks and all the adjustments it has. One racer I know bought one of the numbered kits and I was able to see it up close and one time on the track and it looked very quick. I have to admit that I'm somewhat gun shy about conversion kits after the unpleasant experience I had with the last conversion I tried, which is why I'm hoping that someone will still chime in with some comments converting an r5. And thanks for the quick reply to my inquiry on your website, I have a couple more questions for you.
1) Have you tested the car with the r5 components like the frontend and shock? I understand that many feel those parts are inferior to the prime shock and Xenon frontend, but it would be nice to know if those can be used without issue.

2) Along the same lines have you tested the car using AE or Xray side and center springs? Like the first question I would like to know how much I can reuse without compromising the handling of the car.

3) And lastly in your last update where you flipped the shock mount forward did this create a problem with running the battery inline? If I remember correctly that acted as a hold down of sorts for the battery.

Regards
Chris

Edited to add; are you using the CRC wide height gage to set the slider pod or do you have a different tool?