R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 05:23 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll chip in here, to carry on the C-s takeover...

Anyway, ran my EA Monster with F-Lines today at the 4th round of the BIWS up at Don Valley.

Finally had a decent result, in a very very tight field. I was sitting pretty in a b-final place for 3 rounds, but unfortuantly didn't take advantage of the increased grip in the final Q, and failed to improve.... and dropped from 16th to 25th Bugger...
To give an idea of the closeness, my final was covered from 1st - 10th by 6seconds, fastest lap times were in the mid 13's.... so less than half a lap covered the final.

Onto the C-final (AGAIN!!!! GRRR) started well, made couple of places up in the first few laps, and was up to third (with an awesome move) with a minute to go, then on the final lap the guy in second place collided with a backmarker, and i snuck by so best result of this years champs, 22nd, and with a deffinate feeling that a B-final spot should have been mine... and we all know that anything can happen in the final

Mvoing on to the motor side of things, have to mention that the motor felt crap to begin with, finally cured with a quick skim and a new set of F-lines I have a feeling I know what the problem was though...

I was running between 7.548 and 7.510 on final drive, never really settled on which felt best, 7.548 was better on the infield (and oddly smoother to boot), with the 7.510 producing better top end, lap times were too close to call, so in the end i just geared it up to make sure i could make some room at the end of the straight (potentially avoiding the overtake).

Hey hey, only a month till the final round....

Still number of other people were using F-lines in other motors today, and all seemed very happy with them.

Regards
Ed
P.S. Colin, lugged out a number of your business cards today... I hear also you've been chatting to a number of guys from up here on the Xray forum.