R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bio Ethanol and The Future of Fuel Racing
Old 04-30-2015, 07:02 AM
Apco1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AHR43
One of the reasons 1/8 nitro off-road enjoys unrivaled popularity is because it has been such a stable class for so long. Unfortunately, there are groups about that insist upon "fixing something until it is broke". This, we as a using group must be aware of.

Agree. Leave nitro alone. There are bigger hogs in the environmental brush to kill than the insignificant environmental impact that nitro burning r/c's represent. This is where national and international sanctioning organizations come into play. We as individuals in the hobby are vulnerable without the lobbying force major sanctioning organizations can bring to bear in our hobby's defense.

'AC'
There really isn't ANY environmental impact from it to begin with. Castor oil is a bio product, the alcohol and nitro both biodegrade. The only thing that is an issue is the synthetic oil and it is one of if not the smallest component of the fuel depending on the blend. And you HAVE to have oil in the fuel, thats a given regardless of the other ingredients.

I am only for a change in any rc product if it brings a true performance gain that justifies the price increase. Lipo's gained acceptance for this reason, true performance gain that matched the increase of the price. Long term I think Lipos are probably less expensive as a whole than the old "matched cell" packs of the past.

Anyway... Give me my methanol based Nitro awesomeness!