R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-25-2015, 09:11 AM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
You need a different length dog bone for pucks and the +4 mount. We were doing the wider mounts months ago and discovered this. Now you have to find which dog bone will work with the pucks.

Think hard
I only have AE & Kyosho cars so my stock of comparison parts is limited....I took a Kyosho pucks diff and put it in the AE 3 gear. The Kyosho outdrives are longer/wider (bones exactly the same) and would work but the spacing is different in terms where the outdrive bearing sits on the outdrive. There's a slight chance that if I used the Kyosho outdrives on an AE diff gear that it might work. Just to qualify what I mean, an AE diff gear is probably 2 mm thicker. Anyway, I decided that it was too much work for me so I put the stock plastic C & D mounts back on for now. Since my Lite is supposed to be light I decided to abandon the +4 idea for now. I guess it works out because the aluminum c & d mounts weigh more than the plastic pieces anyway. After I get the car sorted out I'll mock up the Kyosho outdrives in a spare tranny and see what happens.