R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushless rubber sedan racing
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Randy Cook
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

About that comment a couple of posts back about being close to a 10T. Dont get me wrong, I am a Novak BL user and love the system. I also am a mod racer and It WILL NOT hang with a well tuned hand wound 10T mod. Not even close. Seriously, when it comes time for full open mod touring car, I go back to my trusty V2's, and they are not 10's, those wont hang either. In todays world of low turn touring car modified racing, being competitive means starting with a 9T. The track will have to be pretty small for a 10T to come out of the box. Off road is a different story, but I am not really qualified on that one, I will be soon. Got a MF2 thats about to get the BL installed.
I have had absolutely no experiance with the other brands like th Hacker, but have heard good things about them. I am kinda a die hard Novak racer and will just wait for the new stuff to come out.
The current track we race on here, well, well, I sure hope I dont offend anyone but its kinda hillbilly r/c ish. and most of the turn out is oval, so the on-road layout suffers. I dont even know if their web site is up at all. I gave up and closed my on-road track last July and this is the only game in town until Spring hits and we go back to the parking lot. I am running brushed right now because traction is so inconsistant that is is harder to drive the BL, it just lights up the diffs off the corner. You dont race the other drivers here, you race the track.