R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FAO
Finally finished my build.

Seems to be very difficult to install the spacers (0,1mm thick) of the differentials.

Thinking of installing the elektronics i mentioned a lack of weight on the batterie side or to many parts on the right side:

Batterie: 300g left side
Right side: motor 260g, servo 70g, reciever and transponder 30g, controller 80g, plus wires etc. total: ~450g

I will use: Tenshock SC 411 4600kv, LRP IX8, Sanwa SRG BR, Sanwa 451, AMB.
The diff shims can be made a little easier with a small chamfer on the corner of the transmition case to help them slide into place.

For weight, keep in mind the battery sticks further out, so while the side is lighter, more weight further out helps to balance. That being said, you're also using a heavy full 550 length motor and heavy ESC, which help it be more out of balance. It won't get perfect, but it does get a lot closer with lighter electronics and a heavier 325+ 7k+ pack.

I used to be like you and wonder why we didn't always run 10 minute mains. I used maybe 2k on larger outdoor tracks or medium high grip tracks. Then...then I learned to use brake and throttle more aggressively in short burst sections, and I picked up a few tenths but started burning 3700+ in the same truck on the same track. That was back in my pre Tekno days, and if I need to stretch I'll drive like that when not battling to help both electronic heat and mah usage. It is a give and take.