View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 01:18 PM
mstrong
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cain
got pics of the breakage?
I don't have any pics yet but a crack developed right along the set screw. I was more careful with the other three lightened hexes and none of those cracked.

Originally Posted by Cain
What conditions do you run on and what setup did you use and how did the vehicle feel?
My local indoor track is med size with tacky clay. I went from an SCT410 without any of the lightened bits to the SCT410.3 and started with the stock setup. During practice, I noticed the truck rotated in the turns a little faster on power than I was used to, and had a slight tendency to roll in the fast sweeper sections. I went up to a pink rear spring, lowered ride height by 1 mm front and rear, and later lengthened the rear camber link to the inner/lower hole on the tower (3-B if you go by the manual's notation). The roll center change made an immediate improvement so I stopped tweaking there before the main (TQ and 1st), but next time I'll try going up a notch in rear shock oil and maybe to a green rear spring. I left my old truck whole and loaned it out to my father-in-law, so side by side comparisons were easy to make between the trucks. I'd say the new SCT410.3 can be pushed faster through the turns for sure